outflows and inflows of creativity

Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Life

My art has taken a new direction, as have I. Or I should more properly say, we both have come into our own.

I have decided to live my life in honesty and in truth, to acknowledge who I am.

I am a lesbian. Always have been.

I am fortunate to live in this time, where I can write these words without too much fear. Although to be truthful, there is still some pause.

I am still very aware, when my partner and I go into a business, of the looks. Granted, we are in the Original Deep Deep South, and it is more accommodating up North. But I have a brand new awareness. This is just one of the many reasons for moving to Kalamazoo, where it is more accepting.

If you want to help with the big move, there is still time. Here's the link to my story and project on Kickstarter.

"Out", 16"x 24" sepia conte crayon on paper, 2012
"Kiss", 12"X 18" charcoal on paper, 2012
So here are two lesbian art pieces. Hope you like.

No comments: