outflows and inflows of creativity

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Title Trauma

I'm aching to get back to my easel! I have been away from it for far too long.

I started a new painting weeks ago, and really got into the groove; the lose- yourself-in-the-paint, drop-away from-the-world trance you get into when and if you're lucky. Unfortunately I got called away from it and am trying to clear up other obligations so I can get back to it. Here's my progress so far. I have a title that popped in my head as I was working, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with it, but it's at such an early stage I may change up. Titles ooze out of me as I'm working and experiencing the emotions it takes to create a piece. I think they are important, an intimate look into the state of mind of the artist that serves to enhance the connection between artist and viewer.

What do you think? I'm open to ideas. What should this work in progress be called? And nobody better say "Chairs"!!!!

4 comments:

kozachekart said...

Now Harriett, there is nothing wrong with naming a painting of yellow chairs "Yellow Chairs." I have a painting called "Solitary Chair" and another called "Orange Chairs." Tell it like it is, sister, tell it like it is...
Janet

Anonymous said...

So you paint and blog....where do you find the time for both, as they both seem so time consuming. I'm impressed. Nice blog

Anonymous said...

I'm so not creative.

Chaises Jaunes

harriett said...

Janet, these chairs may very well end up pink, as it is a wip . . . but telling it like it is is a good thing to do!
wildcatsthree, I wish there were more hours in the day - thanks for looking at my blog!
Cooper - I like using a different language - and au contraire, you are a superb writer - which takes great creativity.