outflows and inflows of creativity

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rainbow Painter

Well, I've gone and done it. Really gone and done it.

As if I'm not busy enough, as if I don't have more things to do than ever, paintings that need to be painted, etc . . . I just had to pile one more thing on.

I have decided to go to school and get my degree. Full time. And still work. And still paint.

Documenting the whole chain of events that got me to this place in my life would take more time than I have at the moment, and more time than I'm likely to have for a very loooong while. Let's just say an incredibly special someone encouraged me and believed in me, and took steps to make it happen. I won't be getting a free ride, I have to continue to work to see the end to this rainbow. But for the first time in many years, I do see a rainbow, and there is a pot of gold there at the end. All it took was for my someone, my mentor, to sit me down and paint the picture for me. Thank God she's an artist, and a very fine painter.

I'm going to get my BS in Art Education. So I can paint pictures like the one painted for me.

Photo courtesy of Darwin Bell.

1 comment:

Cooper said...

Congratulations on your decision and good luck. Enjoy it for what it is.