outflows and inflows of creativity

Monday, June 4, 2007

Getting There

Got some work done on my latest painting this weekend, thankfully. I had some good music going and just soared!
I began adding shadow to the can, fleshing out the depth, thinking about it's spatial relationship to the other objects around it. I'm giving a lot of thought to the light source and reflections at this point, planning where they should be. I couldn't use sunlight, which is what I'm showing, because it was an overcast day, so I tried to make do with direct lighting. At this point I think that will be OK, because I'm just planning where the lights and shadows will go. The final color choices will come at a later point. Next comes the fun part; the detail work on the can, painting the crackers, further establishing a mood, doing all I can to make it live and breathe. That's the gravy part!

3 comments:

Diane Dehler said...

Hi,
I found your blog via world blog connection and read several of your musings. I like your blog and will add it to my link list of creative spaces.

Diane Dehler said...

I came back and had a good read and also looked at this painting. I like the warmth in your work.

harriett said...

Hey Princess, that's part of what I was going for. Glad you saw that.