outflows and inflows of creativity

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Peaceful Discussion

Met with our local sketch group today for our monthly meeting. As always, it was good to see everyone and talk about what's going on in each of our lives and careers. Today we had quite a spirited discussion on politics, religion and abortion. Now, in today's climate, the combination of any one of those subjects could become quite explosive. You have to be careful, folks are stressed out and sometimes a little crazy. I've been around a lot of different people, from all socio-economic and educational backgrounds, but I have to say I believe artists, as a group, are some of the most socially conscious and intelligent people around. No, I did not agree with some statements that were made, but we were able to discuss, not argue. I am appreciative of my friends' point of view; I understand but don't have to agree.
Maybe it's because artists, in the process of creating, have to think broadly. I don't think it's possible to be an artist and be narrow minded. Of course, I could be incorrect, I don't know all people of the earth. But I think I'm more right than wrong.
Artists can change the world, one sketch at a time.
Oh, I did get a little work done - here's my sketch of a wood duck nesting box on the river^^^

No comments: